Sunday, January 22, 2012

First blog post!


flat black & circular record store
Well I arrived in Lansing Last friday night. I’ve officially been here for a week, what better to do than my first blog post? Though I miss St. Louis dearly, I am very much enjoying Michigan. Its cold, snowy and I LOVE it.
I have been basically trying yo get acquainted with this city, theres a lot of one way streets which is pretty annoying, but other than that it seems pretty easy to navigate. I am currently on the job hunt, I had my first interview today with Payless Shoes..not really my cup of tea, but its a job, I got the second interview , so WOOHOO! I have another interview with a cozy little tavern called Dagwood’s. We went there one of the first nights I was here for some grub and drinks. Cool place, great food and cheap drinks. So Wish me luck!
Other then that I’ve been watching a lot of Netflix , hanging out with my sister and working on my portfolio. My next blog I’ll go more into detail on what I actually moved to Lansing for.
Thursday I went to my first Educational Luncheon put on by the Mid-Michigan Creative Alliance , twas very educational. I handed out raffle tickets and helped my sister (and others) check people in to the event. There was Lunch, and cake pops followed by a very insperational speaker named Robb Bliss. He’s a year older than me and already has soooo much accomplished, he was such a great speaker and very insperational. Im really glad I got to go.
Today I went on a walk in the neighborhood, met a cute dog , enjoyed the beautiful snow and houses. I then took my first venture to Michigan States campus, walked around down in East Lansing came across The Record Lounge and Flat Black and Circular where I purchased a Jack Dupree and Jackie Wilson record and was told the sad news about My Queen Etta James, may she rest in peace.
Ohh and then my car died on my way to my interview..so thats always good. Tomorrow I am having a little day date with Dotties friends, were having lunch and making valentines and various crafts. Cant wait to post pictures!
Till then,
Hank
Picked up some old letter press blocks 

found a great steal on some records

cute little vintage store called Lamb Scape in Old Town

No comments:

Post a Comment