Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Must start blogging..

Wowzer, I suck at keeping up with these.
I added it to my goal list to post on here more often.


  • Find paying Job
That's about the only thing I have accomplished this far in my journey. Not to say I'm not getting things done, because I am. My portfolio is my number one concern, since the review is about two weeks away.
Dottie and I sat down sometime last week , she was kind enough to lay out my syllabus for completing my work. Which I present...
*Do for Webster Portfolio Review

Packaging

  • Guy Ritchie Packaging
    • New packages*
    • Re-trim covers and back covers*
  • Vegetus Food Packaging
    • Re-do drink container*
    • Re-look at Vegetus logo, re-kern type*
    • Logo, color and 1-color version
    • Reprint packaging*
  • Yo! Squeeze Packaging
    • Good!
    • Reprint logo and mount*
Publication
  • Kepler Type Book
    • Re-look at spreads*
    • Text color and size
    • Page numbers
  • Jewelry Design Book
    • Find actual book to use for mock up
    • Pick 3 spreads
    • Design Title page, table of contents
    • Re-mock up
    • Cover: good!
    • Back cover: readdress content
  • Amsterdam Travel Book -round two
    • Keep size
    • Typography
    • Grid breaking
    • Re-print and mock-up
  • Harley-Davidson Annual Report
    • Re-address cover*
    • Text consistency*
    • Graphs?
    • Typography
  • Play on Words
    • Reprint/Remount
  • Hand done Type (1st project)*
    • Good!
  • Handmade Font, Blockhead
    • Trim/mount poster
    • Trim/mount photo
    • Acetate box for sample of letter
Poster Design
  • G-Love Poster Design
    • Print larger
    • Remove white border

Photography
  • Photography Series*
    • Scan first
    • Remount
Fine Art
  • Mixed Media Posters*
    • Needs Title
    • Mount
Printmaking, choose 6*
  • The Sad Man
  • Housewife, print + design
  • Mad Man, print + design
  • Blustery Man Woodblock
  • Gypsy
  • Owl

2-D
  • Ship
  • Branches
Drawing
  • 1 Nude drawing
  • Pumpkins
  • Skull Still Life
  • Shoes
Painting
  • Amanda, acrylic
  • Mikey, watercolor
  • Self-Portrait, oil-pastel
As you can see, it is not a small list to accomplish...besides completing all that I have to write out all my descriptions and Mount all them to same size Mat board. phew.
This morning I started working on my branding identification. This includes things such as my logo, letterhead and business card. This is what I have so far..



These are just really going of theories of Gestalt principles, I'm really struggling with conceptualizing a logo for myself. Id like to incorporate somehow, a way to show my 2 main interests; Printmaking and Graphic Design. The first one kind of goes off of serving and thought for creativity, using a "D" for design. the other two are just a play on my initials using neg/pos space as a figure. Id really think they'd be great as a letter press or a actual di-cut for my business card. Kind of contemporary feel? 

Anyway, I promise to myself I will be a better blogger and actually start using this.

Until then,
Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment